- Explore St Mark's Square area, its more famous sites as well as hidden gems
- Interesting facts about Venice's history and present
- Characteristic "campo", Venice's little and picturesque squares
- A glimpse into ordinary life of Venetian people - The truly beauty of Venice and its peaceful canals
- Discover one of the symbols of Venice as well one of the most beautiful cathedrals in the world - Learn about the symbols and the history of the Basilica’s interiors
- Admire the famous Pala D’Oro - Explore a living architectural gem
This tour is composed of two parts: first, a walking tour that will make us discover Venice most famous sites as well as its hidden gems.
An unforgettable way to discover Venice through its narrow alleys called “calli”, countless bridges and wide traditional and picturesque squares, still the heart of Venetian people's social life.
Let our professional guide take you into an unforgettable journey among Venice beauties and history.
The first highlight of the walking tour is St. Mark’s square, with the description of the majestic St. Mark’s Basilica, the elegant Doge’s Palace, the Clock Tower and the Procuratie.
From St. Mark’s square, we will move forward to Campo Santa Maria Formosa, the Scuola Grande di San Marco, the Malibran Theatre, step through the famous Mercerie, once the pulsing heart of commercial life back in time, nowadays Venice’s main shopping district between Rialto Bridge and St Mark’s Square.
During the second part, you will admire one among the most beautiful and celebrated cathedrals in the world: St. Mark's Basilica.
A tour which will make you marvel in front of the majesty and true beauty of the St Mark Basilica, the place where Eastern and Western architecture run into each other.
Surrounded by the Basilica’s beautiful golden mosaics and marble inlays, our professional guide will take us along the history and the special features of this unique masterpiece of byzantine art.
Among the priceless treasures shielded in the Basilica, we will have the chance to admire the Pala d’ Oro, a fine example of Byzantine art with its thousands of gems and precious stones, in addition, of course, the golden mosaics, maybe the most famous feature of the cathedral.
• Skip the line entrance ticket to Saint Mark’s Basilica
• Personal headsets
• Qualified guide
* Food and drinks
* Hotel pick-up/drop-off
• Wear appropriate clothes to enter the Basilica (no bare knees or shoulders)
• For security reasons backpacks are not allowed into the Basilica
• During the first part of the visit, only external explanations of the sites will be provided
• The tour will take place also with rain, in the event of exceptional high tide in Venice or bad weather it might be cancelled and refund will be provided
• Mandatory starting from August 6, 2021: Participants over 12 years old must present, together with the ID Card, their EU Green Pass or their own country document to proof one of the following: to have received full vaccination; to have received first vaccination at least 15 days ago; to have had Covid-19 infection in the past 6 months; to have a negative test made no more than 48 hours before the activity. Those who will not present the required documents, will not be entitled to any refund
You may be also interested in