- Discover one of the symbols of Venice as well one of the most beautiful cathedrals in the world
- Skip the line, no more time wasted waiting in line
- Learn about the symbols and the history of the Basilica’s interiors
- Admire the famous Pala D’Oro - Photography opportunities
- The charm of Venice seen from the water
Venetian gondola is not only known for its elegance and the way it silently slides along the green channels of Venice. It did change over time and the parts it is made of also have symbolic meanings related to the city it is associated to. Let us discover Venice as locals have been doing since far back in time, sliding among the narrow canals and admiring the masterpiece of architectures, water reflections and peace away from the crowded alleys.
During this ride, we will have the chance to admire some among Venice's most famous and beautiful sites seen from the water, a rare sight that can be seen only on a gondola.
Follows a guided visit to one among the most renowned and amazing cathedrals in the world: St. Mark's Basilica This is the place where Eastern and Western architecture run into each other, as majestic in its exteriors, as reach in the history it witnessed and represents.
Here, we will learn more about the everlasting history of Venice, about St Mark and how his ruins came to rest and be shielded here.
Surrounded by the Basilica’s beautiful golden mosaics and marble inlays, our professional guide will take us along the history and the special features of this unique masterpiece of byzantine art.
• Qualified tour guide
• Skip the line entrance ticket to the Basilica
• Personal headsets
• 25/30 minutes ride on a shared gondola (up to six people for each one)
• Boarding assistance to the gondola
* Commentary of any sort during the gondola ride
* Food and drinks
* Hotel pick-up/drop-off
• Wear appropriate clothes to enter the Basilica (no bare knees or shoulders)
• For security reasons backpacks are not allowed into the Basilica
• This is a shared gondola (up to six people for each one)
• The Gondola Ride will take place also with rain, only in case of very heavy rain it might be cancelled and the tour will be refunded (if not taken another day/time)